Petersons recruitment team are currently recruiting for stand alone Leak Test Technicians for a prestigious external client on contracts over the upcoming months.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsible for the safe and productive running of the shift.
• Focal point for QHSE related matters on the project at shift level, reporting the EnerMech Project Manager.
• Ensure all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance programs and practices are followed to ensure maximum uptime for all equipment.
• Perform pre-mobilization function testing of equipment, review work packs and procedures for execution for one of more PPU pre-commissioning service line i.e. Nitrogen & Helium Leak Detection, Pipe Freezing, Chemical Cleaning, High Pressure Water Jetting, Hot Oil Flushing, Hydraulic Bolt Torqing & Tensioning, Valve Testing, Pipeline and Umbilical pre-commissioning.
• Workshop based duties will also include assisting with equipment specification and function testing, and maintenance when required.
• Site based duties will entail the direct supervision and management of teams of Technicians leading to a safe execution of the work.
• Supporting the Project Manager and Engineer in the smooth running of the project by addressing personnel, equipment and client issues in an appropriate manner.
•Operating fluid, nitrogen pumps and membranes
•Test for fluid displacement and pipeline pressure;
•Conduct inspections, testing N2 units, fluid pumps and other equipment
•Monitor, inspect and adjust equipment ensuring correct operation ie pumps and injection rates.
•Communicate and understand detail and direction, specifications and standards
•Operate auxiliary and other related equipment.
You will have exposure to the following;
•Experience in nitrogen operations for pipeline pre commissioning and leak testing
•Experience in Pipeline and Process Services i.e. Pipeline Pigging, Hydro testing, flushing, nitrogen purging and helium leak detection.
•Oil and Gas experience
•Good written & verbal communication skills
•Ensure safe-working practices at all times
•Ensure positioning of people is considered at all stages during lifting operations
•Participate in toolbox talks - ensuring all relevant personnel are fully aware of the job task prior to commencement of work
•Empowered to "stop the job" if an action is considered unsafe and report to line supervisor
•Efficiency of vessel turnarounds
•Communication - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will be able to build strong working relationships with all levels and be able to to influencing and collaborating with others the ease.
•Customer Focus - A commitment to providing a good customer service.
•Personal Integrity - Builds trust and respect and maintains standards of honesty and integrity.
•Team Working - Ability to work within a team and on own initiative.
•Reliability - Takes responsibility for personal performance.
•Results Orientation - Striving to improve or meet a standard of excellence.
•Commitment to Safety - Takes responsibility for both their own safety and that of their colleagues