Responsible for assigned tenders dealing with all commercial and estimating activities associated with tender requirements and all associated subcontract and supplier requirements from receipt of tender enquiry through to contract award and consequent handover to project department.
• Performing bid qualification (bid/ no-bid process) based on a risk assessment,
availability and technical capacities of the organisation.
• Managing and executing all commercial aspects of assigned tenders, including
describing technical solutions, calculations and third party proposals, in
accordance with applicable commercial procedures.
• Performing a technical evaluation of tender documentation, organising tender
kick-off meetings with internal stakeholders and determining a plan of approach
for allocated tenders.
• Performing a contractual evaluation of assigned tenders and drafting
qualifications on contractual, legal, commercial, financial, taxation and insurance
implications and obligations.
• Liaising with other departments on technical input required, drafting bid
documentation for the assigned tenders, including technical solution, planning
schedule and pricing.
• Initiating and managing review cycles of drafted bid documentation as well as
processing the feedback arising from the review cycle.
• Submitting bid documentation in a timely manner and following-up the
commercial process in a structural manner.
• Performing the clarification process alongside the client, being fully aware of
any clarifications, document changes, etc.
• Providing feedback/answers to client’s questions to successfully close out the
• Striving for continuous improvement regarding the tendering process and
deploying best practice.
• Ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory obligations as well industry
standards (e.g. ISO, IMCA, IRATA, etc.)